Skip to main content

Dog. Pet. Jugnu 2.0

CHAPTER 2 


Having a dog in your life brings an immense responsibility, love and a certain type of calm. Personally, I believe that it's not just with dogs but also with other pets and animals. I had this feeling after the first few weeks of my pet's stay at home. After that scary and tiring first night which I have described in Chapter1 came the most amazing journey of my life. Living with my pet. It grew me as a person, made me a decisive man and also taught me to be responsible for small or big events of my life. Having Jugnu was not just fun because I always had someone to pat or someone trying to accompany me everywhere I went but it also gave a sense of being a leader. When you see me writing this you might think that commanding a dog is not leadership, yes my friend I agree with you but what I believe is that being a leader also demands a man who can take risks, is decisive and can be an alpha when the need arises. Being leader is being selfless and caring for your loved ones. Some of these attributes which now totally reside in me were initiated by my pet. Simply because he needed guidance at every step or maybe because he related to me as an elder. Predicting here what a dog thinks is silly so let's get back to the point which is - having him has given me many qualities.
                                                
                                                   It all started on the first morning when we woke up, he had shit and piss all over the room where he was sleeping and also was playing with my father's sleepers. The innocence with which he greeted us when we came to wake him up was so pure. Generally, when someone commits a mistake they are apprehensive about it, but not children or puppies to be more precise in this case. I personally like the limitless power of their mind. The way they explore things and present their mind's own version of it is extremely amazing. The best thing about it is their randomness regarding everything. I know some of you might go into medicine and say that it's their lack of attention but still children sometimes give a surprisingly good explanation of things. So is the case with puppies or as in this case with Jugnu. The first fifteen days were the most difficult for us as we had to train him vigorously during every session when he was awake. As dark, as it sounds, we were never harsh or violent with him and being persistent in all those initial days have paid us well. Remembering those initial days I think that they taught me to be tolerant about life and gave a seed for my general resilience in life. 

                                                                    I would wake up at 7:00 am and see the places where he had passed motions and urine during the night. I would go out, fill the bucket of water, pick up the shit with two metallic plates and after cleaning all the soiling, would get to work of mopping the floor. During all of it he would come and play with me - trying to jump on my feet which were almost of his size or jump on the mop feeling ignored by me because of it. All in all as gross as it sounds it was all fun. The fun which I would prefer any day over going out and partying. As the month was January temperature was between zero to five degrees at that time in North India. So the puppy also liked to take sunbathes with all four legs up. We also bathed him on the third day as he had settled by then at home and was generally happy about everything. That was the time when I also realised how difficult it is for a mother to make their children bath. Being a small puppy he would run and hide under places where I couldn't go and also slip through my hands while taking bath and run all over the place with soap on the floor. Unfortunately, after those initial 20 days, I had to go back to my college to complete my under graduation but I was taking something else with me I was taking a feeling of attached with someone selflessly and inside a changed man. A man who had not realised yet that what an amazing change was about to come in his life because of this smallest of creature he had picked up from a farm.
READ.COMMENT.SHARE

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Attention ! Attention !!

First though t -  Maybe some announcement. Wrong Second though t - OK. The author wants attention.  True In this particular piece, I would like to address an issue of - Lack of Attention amongst us. The motivation behind this particular piece is my real life friend. Lack of attention when someone talks, discusses, reads or writes something without graphical depiction of the subject is a real issue nowadays. The attention span of most of the modern humans has become smaller than the time taken by a hand grenade to explode after taking out the pin, which ranges from 4 to 8 seconds. This might seem like an exaggeration but is actually very true. The first proof in my argument is that few of the readers are already bored by now, reading about a Real Problem . So to just keep them engrossed here it is -                                                                               Many of you might choose to read about what I have to express, few because of the previo

Attention ! Attention !! 2.0

DISCLAIMER  I am not against any kind of invention, discovery or advancement of technology. This blog is not written because I feel superior to any other human just because of my profession.  This is not written to badmouth or discourage you from using some specific sites.  These are just my views about a particular subject. Nothing more. All the pictures used by me are downloaded from google and I do not own them.  I think I should start from where I wasn't clear in my last write-up , as, pointed out by few of my friends. So the problem about which I was talking was - the advent of technology in everyone's life. Before I express my views I would like you to go down the memory lane and remember about your school life. Do you remember how we used to have school debates and extempore. Now let the juices of your brain flow and try to extract out this particular information that in one of those you might have debated about the advent of technology in the modern era or

Awards and Achievements......

Born in a family of intellectuals it was always difficult for me to cope up with the achievements of my parents and siblings. The only discussion which used to take place for the most part of the year was how should we change and improvise our strategy to be at the top of the class, only academically. Physical superiority was never a strong suit at my home. Being fit and involved in any kind of physical work was looked down upon as a distraction and deviation from the real course of life. The Right Path.                                                                                    Meeting new people every year, those who would join the class with each new session was looked upon as measuring up them. Measuring them up in their intellect, physical prowess and finally coming to a conclusion what should be the new change in our plans to succeed in that year of life. I still remember myself as the black sheep of the family. Someone, who would never go in the direction of mas