Skip to main content

The Last Run!!

Here, I would like to discuss a very common but uncomfortable thing in everyone's life - Change !!

                                                                      In my opinion, a change can be anything. Right from changing the brand of toothpaste we use to buying a new car for ourselves. But to be specific a change we all feel uncomfortable about is the change of daily routine, which can be due to either change in jobs, changes in the particular way we might want to live or maybe because of us proceeding towards the next big thing in our life. 
                                                      For a medical undergraduate getting admitted further for a Post Graduate Course is an ultimate aim. At least for the time period, he/she spends sitting, not practising and cramming specific important topics for exams. That's actually one of the worst things which a professional fears i.e. doing nothing and reading, trying not to contemplate about the uncertainty of getting admitted in a PG course. For me, it was a dreadful time. By God's grace, my time came and  I got admission in one of the most prestigious colleges in our country, but, the thing which I had not realised by then was that what changes it will bring in my life especially in my personal life. After getting the results of my counselling I was given a week's time to wind up my whole life which I had been living for past two years. I was not even given a proper time to celebrate my success with my family. So was the nature of urgency with which they wanted us to join the college and start off our course. Anyway, I didn't want to crib about meagre things and went through that transition phase to the best of my ability. Packing up my books, bike and general stuff in two days and dispatching those boxes to their desired location. 
                                               Although it wasn't easy for me, still I had to get on with it. Not easy, mostly because of the memories I held dear to my heart about and in the place I had been living. While doing all those things I decided to go for "The Last Run". Not last because I wouldn't continue my exercises after that but because while doing that it felt as if  I was leaving a part of me there. While jogging it felt like I was releasing my energies (both positive and negative) into that air which I might be inhaling again after many months. While I was at it, it felt that I became one with that track, trees around it, that dusty sky and also with the hottest of the weather which prevailed there. My Last Run made me realise how much I loved my routine even though it was dreadful. It made me realise how I loved those people who lived in my society and were my daily buddies while roaming around. While writing this blog I particularly remember one person. The gatekeeper of my society. The only person who would go out of his way to help me. Maybe because I was responsible for treatment of his joint pains or maybe because we had developed a certain camaraderie while all those times when he would get up in middle of the night to open the gate for me or those times when he would just simply talk about exercising with me, but, never would. 
                                                             All those small things boiled up to the moment when I left that place after that last run. Leaving behind that special person with whom I wished to have a certain future. That's the way of every change. It makes you leave certain things behind and move on to new things. It doesn't spare you in any way cause that's the nature of change. While reading this one might think that I want to go to my previous life and am not realising the importance of moving on to the next phase, but, that's not what this write-up is about. It's about the nostalgia which follows you while something changes in your life and imprints your previous life as memories in your brain. It's about discussing the pain and joy every change brings in one's life. It's about discussing the necessity of change for evolving. 
               
                                                             Change is what makes our life colourful. Change is not just part of life but in itself is a very dynamic phenomenon. It makes every moment worth living. It makes us learn from it and become a better individual. It teaches us to be more tolerant and resilient towards life. It tells us to be more humble towards success. It not only completes us but also diversifies our views towards living a happy life. In a nutshell, for me, change is life and life is change.  
READ.COMMENT.SHARE                                      

Comments

  1. nostalgic heart!!..i wish u all the very best in life ..wherever u go...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Attention ! Attention !!

First though t -  Maybe some announcement. Wrong Second though t - OK. The author wants attention.  True In this particular piece, I would like to address an issue of - Lack of Attention amongst us. The motivation behind this particular piece is my real life friend. Lack of attention when someone talks, discusses, reads or writes something without graphical depiction of the subject is a real issue nowadays. The attention span of most of the modern humans has become smaller than the time taken by a hand grenade to explode after taking out the pin, which ranges from 4 to 8 seconds. This might seem like an exaggeration but is actually very true. The first proof in my argument is that few of the readers are already bored by now, reading about a Real Problem . So to just keep them engrossed here it is -                                                                               Many of you might choose to read about what I have to express, few because of the previo

Attention ! Attention !! 2.0

DISCLAIMER  I am not against any kind of invention, discovery or advancement of technology. This blog is not written because I feel superior to any other human just because of my profession.  This is not written to badmouth or discourage you from using some specific sites.  These are just my views about a particular subject. Nothing more. All the pictures used by me are downloaded from google and I do not own them.  I think I should start from where I wasn't clear in my last write-up , as, pointed out by few of my friends. So the problem about which I was talking was - the advent of technology in everyone's life. Before I express my views I would like you to go down the memory lane and remember about your school life. Do you remember how we used to have school debates and extempore. Now let the juices of your brain flow and try to extract out this particular information that in one of those you might have debated about the advent of technology in the modern era or

Awards and Achievements......

Born in a family of intellectuals it was always difficult for me to cope up with the achievements of my parents and siblings. The only discussion which used to take place for the most part of the year was how should we change and improvise our strategy to be at the top of the class, only academically. Physical superiority was never a strong suit at my home. Being fit and involved in any kind of physical work was looked down upon as a distraction and deviation from the real course of life. The Right Path.                                                                                    Meeting new people every year, those who would join the class with each new session was looked upon as measuring up them. Measuring them up in their intellect, physical prowess and finally coming to a conclusion what should be the new change in our plans to succeed in that year of life. I still remember myself as the black sheep of the family. Someone, who would never go in the direction of mas